BIOCOM is the largest regional life science association in the world, representing more than 550 member companies in Southern California. The association focuses on initiatives that positively influence the region’s life science community in the development and delivery of innovative products that improve health and quality of life. This includes initiatives in capital formation, public policy, workforce development, group purchasing and member services such as networking events. For more information on BIOCOM or the Southern California biotechnology and medical device community, please click around our site or call (858) 455-0300.
Accelerating life science success for Southern California
To be recognized by each of our members as the most valued organization in strengthening and enhancing their potential for success. BIOCOM is ultimately a place where the regional life sciences community can come together, make connections, and work together as a united force to ensure growth and viability. Get your company connected and contact us today.
- BIOCOM is a 501(c)(6) organization representing more than 550 member companies, service providers and research institutions.
- BIOCOM Purchasing Group Inc. is a wholly-owned, for profit subsidiary of BIOCOM.
- The BIOCOM Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that serves as a bridge between learning institutions and life science companies to build comprehensive education initiatives that advance science literacy.
- California Biotechnology Foundation (CBF) is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of the life science industry in California. Through implementation of outreach and education programs, the mission of CBF is to inform and educate the public on new advances and discoveries within the states' biotechnology community as well as to increase awareness of the life science industry in California among policymakers, opinion leaders and other stakeholders.
- The BIOCOM PAC is a non-partisan California state political action committee sponsored by BIOCOM to fundraise and make political contributions to elect non-federal candidates and promote issues that will improve the environment for business and innovation for the life science industry in Southern California. Contributions to the BIOCOM PAC (CA ID #963088) are voluntary and are NOT deductible as charitable contributions for federal or state income tax purposes.
- Teamwork - We take joint responsibility in all that we do.
- Commitment to Service - We endeavor to provide the highest value to our members.
- Passion for the Cause - We believe in the mission of the life science industry.
- Innovation - We evolve to address the changing needs of our community.
- Striving for Excellence - We go the extra mile to exceed our goals.
BIOCOM 2011 Annual Report
BIOCOM and the Southern California life sciences community experienced continued growth and success in 2011. Read BIOCOM’s annual report and see how your passion, membership dollars and participation helped Southern California’s life science industry continue to grow. Read BIOCOM's Annual Report.
BIOCOM 2010-2012 Strategic Plan
BIOCOM 2010 Annual Report
2010 was a year of optimism, growth and success for BIOCOM and its member companies. Read BIOCOM’s annual report and see how your passion, membership dollars and participation in BIOCOM events, initiatives and committees helped Southern California’s life science industry continue to thrive and shine. Read BIOCOM's Annual Report.
BIOCOM 2009 Annual Report
When the economic challenges of 2009 forced Southern California life science companies to cut back and conserve resources, BIOCOM's many services became even more important to our members.In a rough year, BIOCOM surpassed our expectations. In 2010, we will continue to expand BIOCOM's reach, helping to better connect our members in different segments with collaborators and customers around the globe. Please view our Annual Report to see how.