About BIOCOM Purchasing Group
Through the collaborative efforts of all BIOCOM member companies, we will work to continually improve the total quality and reduce the overall acquisition costs for products and services required by our internal and external customers. Our ultimate goal is to provide members with the collective purchasing resources needed to effectively support the successful growth and development of our respective organizations.
The purpose of the BIOCOM Purchasing Group is:
- Reduce the total cost of acquiring products and services.
- Streamline the procurement process and reduce total purchasing cycle time.
- Enhance supplier performance, including product quality, order fulfillment and customer satisfaction.
- Support the interests of BIOCOM.
- Enable the purchasing function to play a strategic role in the development of our respective organizations.
- Advance the professional development to group members through mutual support and sharing ideas.
- Aid start up member companies with purchasing group expertise and contract opportunities.
Board of Directors
Joe Panetta, CEO/President, BIOCOM
Paul Anderson, Vice President of Global Procurement, Life Technologies
Al Asuncion, Associate Director, Supply Chain Operations, Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc.
John Dunn, Executive Vice President, New Ventures, Biogen Idec
Brad Gordon, Axis Advisors Corporation
Pam Jagger, Senior Materials Manager, Verenium Corporation
Dan Kleeburg, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
Jack Lief, President/CEO, Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Jackie Lindahl, Retired Director of Operations and Facilities, Celgene
Mark A. McCutchen, Vice President, Business Development, Cardium Therapeutics
Trindl Reeves, Principal, Barney & Barney