Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
This position will provide input to Biocom California’s DEI strategy, goals, initiatives and metrics and to help drive tactics and action plans necessary to achieve them. This position will partner with senior executives, human resources and other internal stakeholders to embed DEI into the core of Biocom California and will be responsible for advising and supporting members and other key external partners to identify meaningful ways to advance DEI within our member companies and industry community. This position will act as the DEI subject matter expert and facilitate and lead meaningful conversations about DEI, bring best practice processes and build relationships with relevant internal and external partners to realize achievement through measurable and sustainable results. Position does not have any direct reports and will be located at our Torreyana Office in San Diego.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation and execution of complex short, medium, and long-term programs and projects across Biocom California to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ensure alignment of external and internal DEI projects and initiatives with Biocom California’s DEI strategy.
- Oversee and lead the tracking and reporting of DEI statistics for Biocom California projects, including but not limited to worker demographics, business entity participation, and DEI training and leverage data to derive insights to identify barriers to diversity and inclusion and highlight DEI opportunities.
- Identify, build, and sustain community partnerships to support corporate diversity and inclusion projects/plans/initiatives and business strategies.
- Partner with Corporate Communications and Marketing to regularly promote and communicate externally Biocom California’s DEI position and progress and will lead the internal communication to leadership, staff, Board and other key partners.
- Partner with Executive Director, People & Culture, internal DE&I working group and senior leaders to drive positive inclusive change to improve overall employee experience including analyzing culture and engagement survey results and identifying actions and measuring results.
- Create, maintain, and deploy thought-leadership resources to support driving DEI within the organization and within our member organizations;
- Own the development and delivery of training programs that drive D&I awareness, understanding and action.
- Assist in the planning and execution of DEI events on projects. Events targeted at celebrating diversity and promoting equity and inclusion.
- Proactively engages in the identification of diversity best practices and benchmarks as input to designing and implementing initiatives; keep abreast of emerging trends and opportunities.
- Act as a voice for perspectives, levels and cultures that are not otherwise represented.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required. (Business, Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Diversity and Inclusion).
- Minimum 10-12 years of professional experience in Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion, change management, organizational development. Experience with a focus on DE&I in the life science industry is a plus.
- Possesses an established network of influencer relationships in the D&I arena
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, internal and external, through exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive successful DE&I engagement in a corporate environment.
- Experience developing and delivering qualitative and quantitative D&I reporting and presenting data and trends in a clear and concise manner for relevant stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to think strategically, listen and learn proactively, take initiative, and constantly seek ways to innovate and do things better.
- Able to inspire trust, clarity and consensus within a complex, fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution and ability to have difficult conversations
- Ability to lead-by-example and promote a positive, team-based environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and complete commitments.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].