Event Manager – Bay Area
The Event Manager is primarily responsible for managing and overseeing on logistical and administrative support to the Events and Sponsorship department to ensure successful execution on all Bay Area events and some corporate-level events for Biocom California. This person will report directly to the Associate Director of Events and will work closely with the Events & Sponsorship team for Biocom California.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide logistical support for all Bay Area events and assigned corporate-level events and conferences (virtual, live, or hybrid events), including but not limited to, site and vendor selection, event budget, catering needs, AV, program and signage, speaker liaison
- Act as lead registrar for all Bay Area events and assigned corporate-level events and conferences, including but not limited to, creating event listings, managing registration lists, collecting speaker information as needed, printing attendee name badges, managing on-site registration table, sending reminder emails, surveys, ensuring inventory of registration materials and acting as the main point of contact for any registration inquires pre and post event
- Provide logistical support for multiple events at one time, with varying lead times, and prioritize deadlines, competing requirements and complexity levels
- Create and coordinate delivery of event marketing email campaigns and social media promotions
- Work closely with the marketing department to ensure all event marketing materials are being created and executed in a timely manner to meet deadlines and promote events.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for small event workshops and committee meetings, including but not limited to, scheduling, ordering food, AV needs, and providing minutes post meeting
- Provide logistical on-site support for members who use Biocom California facilities for their events
- Work closely with building management to reserve event facilities, and set up the space
- Scout venues for events in other locations around the bay
- Undertake new assignments as necessary, as it relates to Biocom California’s Bay Area events and corporate events and conferences
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience, preferably in Hospitality or related field
- 4+ years meeting and event planning experience
- Must be available to work occasional early weekday mornings and evenings
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and to be a self-motivated, innovative, and independent thinker. Ability to be resourceful on independent projects
- Must have excellent project management skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills, including skill in effectively coordinating and organizing multiple details amid shifting priorities
- Detail oriented, highly organized, team player who thrives in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills across a range of contacts including high-level executives, speakers, members, vendors, staff, and volunteers
- Knowledge of Salesforce, WordPress, Zoom, AV equipment, and Canva a plus
- Some travel may be required at times
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.