The Executive Assistant provides administrative support including meeting & calendar management, executive level presentations & correspondence creation and will also act as a project manager, working collaboratively with multiple people, teams and projects assuring they are on track and receiving proper support and resource allocation. The work will be highly confidential in nature and potentially cover a diverse scope of activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Calendar management including scheduling appointments, meetings, conference calls and events
- Create presentation materials and correspondence with input from executive leaders
- Draft meeting prep materials, attend meetings as required, document action plans, follow-up with those assigned actions to ensure completion
- Timely follow-up with meeting requestor(s) for agendas, pre-read/discussion documents, and expected outcomes/decisions required
- Draft and distribute communication materials as needed for assigned executives
- Prepares expense reports and invoices for assigned executives
- Plans & prepares travel itineraries – air, hotel, ground transport
- Serve as back up for Assistant to the President and CEO and for the Receptionist.
- Provide administrative support to ensure the accurate and timely execution of contract deliverables
- Work in cross-functional teams, exercising a high level of communication, problem-solving, and independent yet collaborative approach to each project.
- Execute deliverables as necessary, including co-developing and co-leading meetings.
- Identify internal and external team members to support diverse project outcomes and serve as project lead to ensure effective project management and determination of project needs and resources.
- Works with VP, Communications and outside vendor to maintain NewsRoom web site.
- Works with VP, Strategic Operations & San Diego Executive Director to:
- a) Maintain/update corporate reporting and performance metrics system,
- b) Support the organization of roundtables and other events for the San Diego members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associate Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of executive assistant experience supporting a high-level executive.
- Five (5) or more years of Project Management experience on behalf of an executive.
- Must exhibit a high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools, a plus;
- Solid knowledge of principles of project management.
- Ability to be resourceful on independent projects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills across a range of contacts including high-level executives, speakers, members, board, vendors, staff, and volunteers;
- Excellent organizational, planning, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to meet numerous scheduled and unforeseen requests and deadlines, and ability to deal with numerous interruptions throughout the day and still perform necessary tasks;
- Must be very detail-oriented;
- Strong verbal and writing skills;
- Ability to show initiative and to be self-motivated, innovative, and an independent thinker;
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills;
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and to be a self-motivated, innovative, and independent thinker.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well with remote teams.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].