Marketing Manager, Purchasing Group
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to cultivate new and thoughtful marketing initiatives for Biocom California Purchasing Group’s 35+ endorsed suppliers while responding to the needs of a growing network of over 1,700 member companies. This position will report to the Senior Director of Marketing for Biocom California with a dotted line to the Senior Marketing & Events Manager for the Purchasing group and will streamline communication in a unified and supportive manner. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing marketing strategies to increase sales and adoption for all endorsed suppliers. Key duties will include developing and maintaining key sales tools, running multi-channel marketing campaigns, measuring KPIs, conducting market research, and calculating the return on investment for all marketing efforts. This position will liaise with various departments in the organization to ensure inter-departmental alignment and cohesion and work with other high-level managers to plan strategies and develop specific goals to define and ensure organizational success.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- In partnership with the marketing team, create, monitor, and execute all Purchasing Group marketing initiatives to ensure consistency in communication across Biocom California and alignment to Purchasing Group marketing strategy
- Create and implement marketing initiatives that highlight industry trends, company announcements, partnerships, thought leadership, and newsworthy stories
- Promote endorsed suppliers through existing marketing channels, including email and social media
- Manage email marketing and lead generation campaigns
- Create member-centric pre- and post-event marketing, including event surveying and analytics
- Work with endorsed suppliers and Business Development (BD) team to create thought leadership marketing content targeted to engage members in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, and Bay Area
- Support the BD and Membership teams in creating systems for benchmarking new member engagement and supporting retention efforts
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5+ years of related marketing experience.
- Experience using Salesforce (CRM) software
- Experience using Pardot or similar email marketing software
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Design (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), photography and social media
- Organized, meticulous, and motivated.
- Excellent listening skills, with the ability to understand the needs of the client and the intended audience.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written skills, with the ability to respond quickly when needed.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance daily contending priorities as the job requires.
- Ability to embrace diverse points of view while encouraging an environment of inclusivity.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment across multiple departments.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
Biocom California is the premier life science industry association representing more than 1,600 member companies throughout California. The association focuses on initiatives that positively influence the growth of the life science industry, including capital formation, public policy, workforce development, group purchasing, and scientific discovery and development.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].