Office & Project Coordinator
Biocom is looking for a self-driven, hard-working candidate to take a multi-functional role in an industry leading organization. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), Bay Area Office in South San Francisco, the Project Coordinator will provide general office administrative support and assist on a variety of projects for the ED including those within Events, Marketing, Communications, Workforce Development, and Capital Development initiatives of Biocom. This is an entry-level role with the potential for career advancement for high performers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general office administrative functions including being present during office hours, ensuring a tidy and inviting work environment, greeting guests, ordering office supplies
- Preparing travel flights and accommodations for all personnel as needed, assist with reservations for other events as needed
- Schedule and manage all correspondence and logistics for Advisory Board meetings
- Assist with development of project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality and specific goals are attained
- Meeting/event prep and follow up as needed (minutes, committee communication, refreshments, etc.)
- List pulling and company/market research around building lists
- Data entry of contact details and activities in SalesForce
- Drafting, coordinating and preparing briefing materials and presentations for executive use at board meetings and similar functions
- Provide Executive Administrative Support to ED, including assistance with logistics, scheduling, presentation preparations, note taking, meeting minutes preparation
- Provide support as needed to other staff in the Bay Area office and throughout Biocom
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required,
- 1-3 years of office-based work experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and to be a self-motivated, innovative, and independent thinker
- Ability to be resourceful on independent projects
- Must have excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, team player who thrives in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Effective skills and experience in written and oral communication, scheduling, use of Microsoft Office Suite products, developing presentations, and coordinating logistics.
- Exercising discretion in the handling of confidential material
- Ability to establish good working relationships with others in a team environment
- Creating and managing complex excel worksheets and databases a plus
- Knowledge of salesforce.com (or other CRM database) is a plus
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills to meet numerous scheduled and unforeseen requests and deadlines, and ability to deal with numerous interruptions throughout the day and still perform necessary tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills across a range of contacts including high-level executives, speakers, members, vendors, staff, and volunteers. Includes effectively employing tact, integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and flexibility
- Must be available some evenings and early mornings
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].