People Operations Manager
Biocom California is seeking a People Operations Manager who will be responsible for providing full life cycle People Operations support such as talent acquisition, onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, compliance and performance management. This individual will need to seek ways to improve our employees’ experience and will play a key role in fostering an organizational culture that is inclusive, values driven and mission focused.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of the recruitment & selection process, including advertising positions, direct recruitment, and working with external recruiters for specialized positions;
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations;
- Processes semi-monthly payroll including timecard review, processing relevant payroll deductions and tax withholdings;
- Manages onboarding and offboarding process;
- Supports the performance management process including delivering training and material development as needed;
- Manage overall administration of employee benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, and 401(k)
- Respond to employees’ routine and non-routine, complex, and/or sensitive benefits inquiries, correspondence and complaints.
- Maintains employment files, processes required paperwork, and performs data entry to ensure HR systems containing employment-related data are accurate;
- Recommends, develops and implements best practices and policies to service the full range of HR related functions and help build a high performing culture of success, accountability, transparency, inclusivity and collaboration;
- Provides support to mid-level managers to ensure consistent and appropriate human resources practices and procedures are being implemented. Provides the appropriate counseling, coaching, and conflict mediation to staff necessary to promote a productive work environment;
- Interprets and administers policies, procedures, and programs, while ensuring compliance with applicable Federal and State statutes. Promotes and integrates diversity & inclusivity efforts into policies and programs;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in Human Resources Management or similar field a plus.
- 5+ years in an HR operations role. Experience in the life sciences or related industry a plus.
- HR certification is a plus. (e.g., GPHR, SHRM-SCP, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with recruitment, benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, performance and records management.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Well-organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage shifting responsibilities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups from various backgrounds and at different organizational levels.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Proven ability to build trust, manage difficult situations and work in a high pace team environment.
- Willing to roll-out sleeves and perform all type level work to support and be an active part of our overall organization’s success.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].