Program Manager – Bay Area
The position of the Program Manager reports to the head of the Bay Area regional office and will support and develop a variety of programs that support the goals for the growth of Biocom California in the greater Bay Area region, including regional policy and economic development initiatives, collaborations with partner organizations, events, committees and other programming, marketing, social media and communications, among other duties, to support regional community and member benefits efforts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a variety of initiatives and programs to engage members and the local life science industry/community, including established companies, start-ups, universities and research institutions, incubators/accelerators and local governmental agencies, elected officials and partner organizations
- Develop and implement strategies to raise awareness inside and outside of the region about the successes of and opportunities within the life science industry and the challenges facing the industry in the region
- Utilize Salesforce database, and other tools, to organize and manage the large volume of data related to these efforts and to the various life science-related organizations in the region
- Conduct market research to support strategic planning and internal/external promotion of regional initiatives and programs; develop metrics and tracking systems for key data sets
- Coordinate with appropriate corporate teams to develop marketing and communications strategies and execution plans
- Serve as primary point of contact for most bay area member committees; share committee management responsibility for committees run by other departments (e.g. Policy, Purchasing Group)
- Coordinate with internal teams on event planning and programming which includes scheduling, planning, prepping, curating content and inviting targeted members/guests
- Serve as the primary external office point of contact and provide support as needed to site staff team members and throughout Biocom California. This may include:
- Scheduling and running regional staff meetings
- Responsibility for maintaining office safety protocols
- Reconciliation of office budget and receipts
- Assist with the drafting, coordinating, and preparation of briefing materials and presentations for executive use at board meetings and similar functions
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Marketing or Project Management preferred;
- Minimum five (5) or more years of project and/or event management experience; and
- Minimum three (3) or more years of related marketing experience; event marketing preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, resource-management, and problem-solving skills; able to prioritize and manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously on time and budget
- Keen attention to detail in proof-reading, list building, marketing and social media posts, and other items
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and to be proactive, self-motivated, innovative and an independent thinker to identify process improvements; proactively implement solutions, and generally participate in ideation in a dynamic environment
- Team-player with a strong work ethic and commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (or similar CRM platform), Pardot, Canva, and common social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Must exhibit a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Must be able to work in a hybrid environment, with generally 3 days per week in the South San Francisco office
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in the Bay Area is $90,000- $120,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education etc. Biocom California is a multi-state and multi-regional employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states and regions.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.