This position will be an integral member of Biocom California Institute’s program department and requires an individual who shows initiative, exercises independent judgment, possesses strong organizational and analytical skills, with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. The individual must have demonstrated knowledge of marketing and content creation, project management, and experience in administrative support. Experience interfacing with various audiences including Board members and the public. This individual will be intimately involved in many of the key projects under the purview of Biocom California Institute (BCI) and must be able to manage sensitive business information in a professional and trustworthy manner. Must have a passion for the Life Sciences and community service.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop content and graphics for social media posts in alignment with marketing SOPs and brand guidelines to promote BCI’s programs and highlight success stories
- Work with partners to develop content for BCI’s monthly Professional Development Newsletter
- Attend Events and Marketing Oversight Working Group’s meetings to promote BCI’s events and learn SOPs for event marketing/planning
- Collaborate with the marketing team to improve marketing strategies
- Provide administrative support and project coordination for Biocom California Institute
- Provide support for meetings, including, but not limited to organization, equipment testing, meeting set-up and clean-up, meals, and preparation and distribution of information
- Plan and coordinate related on-site and off-site meetings, events, and trainings involving multiple external participants
- Coordinate schedules and assist in event planning for in person BCI events including, but not limited to, career fairs, fellowship events, professional development courses, and symposiums
- Responsible for creating email campaigns to promote BCI’s programs and events
- Research and identify local grants and funding opportunities
- Prepare Board packets and other collateral material
- Assist in data collection for final reports and/or grant proposals
- Attend member and community events to promote BCI programs
- Prepare, edits, proofreads, and processes a variety of routine to complex documents and marketing materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Identify member companies to participate in sponsorship and programming
- Assist in membership events and promote BCI programming
- Research and identify community organizations that align with the BCI mission
- Under direction from BCI develop strategic relationships with educational institutions
- Assist in recruitment of participants for fellowship programs
- Assist in coordination and implementation of statewide BCI efforts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience in project coordination content/marketing, administrative support or similar discipline
- Able to quickly and proactively step in and handle challenging tactical situations. Works with a strong sense of personal accountability and urgency
- Ability to make sound recommendations decisions, prioritize workload, and handle multiple projects while maintaining high attention to detail. Drives the tactics and activities needed on projects through to their completion.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Must have excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills across a range of contacts including high-level executives, board members, members, vendors, staff, and volunteers. Includes effectively employing tact, integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and flexibility
- Excellent demonstrated computer and technical skills; well versed with a variety of software packages for word processing (MS Office), spreadsheets and database management
- Knowledge of salesforce.com, as well as Salesforce products (Pardot) and report creation, as well as Project management software.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
The anticipated hourly range for candidates who will work in San Diego is $24.04-$30.29. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education etc. Biocom California is a multi-state and multi-regional employer, and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states and regions.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].