The Project Coordinator for the Events & Marketing teams will be an integral member of the Biocom CA Team. The ideal candidate has experience with cross-department coordination, resource planning and allocation, and process enhancements to join our growing organization. This role will report to the Executive Director of Events & Sponsorship with a dotted line to our Senior Director of Marketing and serve as a key liaison between a seven-person corporate Marketing team, a six-person corporate Events team, and key stakeholders in 10+ departments and regions. We are looking for a self-starter who can think both creatively and analytically and has experience in determining and defining project scopes, objectives, and resources. This new role will be the driving force behind the success of every key project for our continually evolving organization. Must have a passion for collaboration, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be curious and results-oriented.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee systems team and contracted developers to create and update current applications, websites, and various database automations;
- Provide administrative support and project coordination for both supervising Directors.
- Work with project teams to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with internal and external teams, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
- Coordinate projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for future improvement.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Knowledge of the life sciences industry preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project management, administrative support or similar discipline
- Organized, meticulous, and motivated.
- Familiarity with projects management software tools, methodologies, and best practices. Experience with Jira a plus.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Excellent listening skills, with the ability to understand the needs of the client and the intended audience.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written skills, with the ability to respond quickly when needed.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to develop, organize, and maintain process documentation.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance daily contending priorities as the job requires.
- Ability to embrace diverse points of view while encouraging an environment of inclusivity.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].