Sales Associate Manager
The Sales Associate Manager will primarily be responsible for membership recruitment and retention through promotion of the Biocom Purchasing Group’s supplier programs and Biocom’s California other key initiatives in assigned area. The Sales Associate Manager will work with Biocom California’s Sr. Director of Sales to develop long term relationships with members, industry leaders and to represent Biocom and the Biocom Purchasing Group in the assigned region. The Sales Associate Manager will assist with all Biocom California activities including events, member services, and member outreach as well as performing their business development duties.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Biocom membership and Biocom Purchasing Group sales efforts in the assigned sales territory and region;
- Responsible for achieving budgeted revenue and numerical goals for membership, retention and Purchasing Group sales;
- Drive member utilization of existing supplier products and services while working in close collaboration with Biocom Purchasing Group suppliers;
- Assist members to identify and evaluate Purchasing Group contracts that deliver the benefits, resources, products, and services to realize cost savings opportunities, as well as meet member company objectives;
- Engage with all levels of member organizations including C-suite, Human Resources, Business Development, Government Relations, Facilities/EH&S, Procurement and Supply Chain, Scientists and others to drive participation in all of Biocom’s and Biocom Purchasing Group’s key initiatives;
- Represents Biocom and Biocom Purchasing Group at networking events; foster meaningful discussion on membership, PG utilization, and member engagement/satisfaction;
- Collaborates with the regional team members on lead sharing, prospect development, and regional goals achievement;
- Assists internal team members within the sales, marketing, support, strategy, and data teams, on company initiatives, content, and priorities;
- Daily use of SalesForce as a key sales enabling technology and ensures timely and accurate updating of customer records internally and externally with Purchasing Group Suppliers; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or a similar is required;
- Life Sciences background is preferred.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in sales, business development or professional concept selling, preferably in a Life Science related industry.
- Experience in or selling into the various stakeholders in the Life Science market.
- Knowledge of the market and companies within the Life Science Industry.
- Possess a sense of urgency and exceptional commitment to a high level of customer service in order to provide best-in-class experiences to the members is required;
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and influencing skills with all levels in an organization;
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships with members;
- Strong organizational, detail oriented, time-management, and problem-solving skills and ability to meet and manage tight deadlines and competing obligations;
- Ability to speak effectively in public meetings and while presenting presentations;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and credibility at all times; and
- Must be able to work in a flexible, dynamic environment and be a team player.
- High proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Salesforce (and any other CRM system);
- Ability to work in a hybrid work environment.
The anticipated base salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego is $70-$85K. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education etc. Biocom California is a multi-state and multi-regional employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states and regions.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].