Senior Content Marketing Manager
We’re seeking a Senior Content Marketing Manager with a knack for creative content development and compelling storytelling to inspire member engagement, build brand awareness, help drive lead generation and nurturing campaigns, and position our members as thought leaders in the life science industry. This role will collaborate with an eight-person Marketing team and engage with every department and region of our organization. We are looking for candidates who can think creatively as well as analytically and are experienced in developing both long and short-form copy. Must have a passion for collaboration, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be interested in joining a growing and ambitious team. This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop overarching content strategy across all regions, channels, and organizational pillars (advocacy, capital development, workforce development, networking & savings).
- Build, manage, and maintain editorial calendar and written guidelines for the voice of each channel.
- Write and proofread content focusing on thought leadership assets, including articles, blog posts, infographics, video scripts, web copy, emails, digital ads, and more.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial strategy and calendar.
- Continuously measure and improve content performance utilizing tools like Google Analytics, Pardot, Salesforce, and others.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal teams and external agency to distribute effective communications strategies that articulate our core benefits properly and consistently.
- Participate in the complete editorial process – ideation, interviewing, writing, editing, fact-checking, proofreading, posting.
- Author articles and op-eds on behalf of senior leadership and subject matter experts.
- Find new ways to extend and repurpose existing assets to get more mileage out of our current content initiatives.
- Brainstorm new content ideas based on interviews with subject matter experts (both internal and external), market research, and SEO trends.
- Consistently test new content formats and distribution channels, including the increased use of data visualization.
- Ensure professional writing etiquette as well as consistency in terms of brand, style, and voice.
- Work closely with PR/external communications team.
- Bachelors or Master’s in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related discipline.
- 8+ years of content marketing or direct copywriting experience.
- Ability to develop, organize, and maintain process documentation.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Proven experience turning technical subject matter into engaging content.
- Strong, clear, calm, persuasive, and effective communicator – verbally and in writing.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Passion and understanding of current and emerging content trends.
- Strong knowledge of content marketing strategy and channels.
- Ability to translate insights into authentic narratives and compelling storytelling.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance multiple, contending priorities.
- Ability to embrace diverse points of view while encouraging an environment of inclusivity.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, respond quickly, and meet deadlines is a must.
- Ability to set relevant priorities on a daily basis as the job requires.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
Biocom California is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse workforce, and maintaining a workplace that is equitable, inclusive, and safe for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].