Senior Graphic Designer
We’re seeking a dynamic Senior Graphic Designer with big, creative ideas and an eye for detail to consistently raise the bar for our brand. Someone who elevates the people around them, sets a high standard for quality and innovation, and delivers compelling concepts and executions that support organizational goals and strategy. Calling all critical and strategic conceptual thinkers with exceptional graphic design skills. Must have a passion for collaboration and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform quality control on all design, ensuring the creative aligns with brand guidelines.
- Conceptualize and design for a wide range of print and digital media, including layouts, product illustrations, logos, web and blog graphics, social ads, presentations, and more.
- Partner on establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Complete a high-volume of production tasks in a fast-paced environment while staying organized, meticulous, and motivated.
- Think creatively and develop new content, ads, and other marketing materials.
- Lead efforts to uncover and distill core business requirements and use insight to lead internal creative and strategic problem-solving independently and in a group setting.
- Clearly articulate your own ideas and concepts to team members and clients.
- Actively promote and reinforce cross-functional collaboration by seeking insight from non-design team members and contributors.
- Lead and provide oversight over design tasks on projects you’re involved in, from start to finish, and deliver consistently exceptional work.
- Learn and leverage new tools, techniques, and methodologies to achieve bold, unique visual experiences across all mediums.
- Maintain expertise in all relevant design technologies (including but not limited to Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, and Edge Suite).
- Bachelors Degree in Design, Art or a related field.
- 8+years of graphic design experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Strong portfolio of visual work, with excellent design and typography skills, and an eye for photography.
- Passion and understanding of current and emerging design trends, as well as visual culture.
- Ability to translate insights into authentic narratives, and visual storytelling.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance multiple, contending priorities.
- Professional visual and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively present design intent to internal and external audiences.
- Passion for design craft, innovation, graphic applications, prints, processes, and tools.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe CC and comfortable working within new digital spaces.
- Ability to embrace diverse points of view while encouraging an environment of inclusivity.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines is a must.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
Biocom California is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse workforce, and maintaining a workplace that is equitable, inclusive, and safe for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].