Sr. Manager, Event Content & Programming
The Sr. Manager, Event Content & Programming will be responsible for developing event content for Biocom California’s portfolio of events; working in close collaboration with Biocom California Advisory Boards, Regional Directors, sponsors and other external subject matter experts; and leverage industry intelligence and market research. These events are positioned to help drive member retention and recruitment as well as provide forums for life science professionals to advance their businesses. Additionally, the Sr. Manager, Event Content & Programming will oversee Biocom’s Life Science Speakers Bureau initiative.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of the life science industry, is highly motivated and possesses sound judgment and impeccable writing skills as well as the ability to develop relationships with teams and influence others. This position also requires a strategic thinker who will use data and insights to make decisions on content to drive value for the audience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee systems team and contracted developers to create and update current applications, websites, and various database automations;
- Ensure that all content aligns with Biocom’s content strategy, delivers member value and can live beyond the in-person event (post event content)
- Develop strategic relationships with Biocom Regional Directors, Partners, Speaker Bureaus, Sponsors and other subject matter experts
- Serve as the internal go-to source for all elements related to speakers and event content strategy, ensuring activities meet the varying needs of the organization
- Identify content needs and manage content development process for panels, fireside chats, presentations and workshops.
- Hands-on, daily management of all speaker logistics including session details, speaker profiles
- Manage the presenter onboarding process, setting expectations around the content timeline, prep calls and onsite experience
- Schedule, manage and lead content meetings and speaker prep calls
- Manage all pre/post-event speaker outreach support
- Partner with all speakers on finalizing presentations and preparations for events, ensuring they meet the content and messaging goals for the event
- Create and maintain a speaker database /bureau and streamline the process for managing speaker requests/placements
- Requires a BA or BS degree in communications, business or science-oriented field
- 8+ years experience in a professional role in the life science industry focused on content development, public affairs/communications
- Experience with media relations and/or trade associations a plus
Exceptional leadership, teambuilding, collaborative skills and working with high performing teams who understand business and audience needs. And proven ability to contribute to cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of an organization via presentation, written, and spoken channels
- Desire to thrive in rapid growth, fast paced environment and adapts well to change; can act with urgency.
- A self-driven work ethic and model
- Sophisticated communication skills to simultaneously achieve corporate growth objectives and satisfy diverse needs of community.
- Impeccable ethical conduct and judgment.
- Open to and generator of new ideas and agility to implement the best ones.
- Strong PC skills required, including proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].