VP of Strategic Operations and San Diego Office Head
Position will be primarily focused on building the new San Diego Regional Office and driving the execution of the goals of the strategic plan for Biocom California. VP of Strategic Operations and San Diego Office Head will work with President and CEO and the Senior Leadership Team to develop the strategic direction of the company and create a shared understanding across the business enabling each group to produce focused execution plans and driving integration and accountability.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Be a key participant in the strategic planning process and lead the execution of key strategic initiatives:
- In collaboration with the President &CEO and senior management, help develop and implement a multi-year, future-focused Innovation vision/strategy that is aligned with company priorities and goals to generate new business.
- Lead and oversee high-priority strategic projects.
- Lead a robust corporate reporting and analytics function.
- Support and integrate business unit strategic planning.
- Develop innovation structure and processes to balance company short- and long-term Innovation goals.
- Identify potential gaps in the execution of the plan (resources, time, talent) and ensure realignment to the strategy.
- As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, encourage open conversations with the goal of alignment and moving forward cohesively.
San Diego Regional Office Responsibilities
- Build and lead a San Diego Regional Office staff and programs.
- In partnership with President and CEO, build engaging partnerships with key strategic partners, in advocacy and public policy and investor community.
- Actively participate in industry supporting events, committees and other engagement opportunities.
- Maintain up to date understanding of local industry trends and developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Degree in management field is preferred.
- Master’s/Professional Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years in a progressive management/multi-function team leadership role is required.
- Experience in developing and executing strategic plans to ensure growth and prosperity of the business is required.
- Life Science industry related experience is preferred.
- Excellent critical business thinking to strategic business planning, operations, and financial performance.
- Able to have an agile approach, championing continuous improvement and change mindset.
- Broad understanding of data & analytics methodologies and tools.
- Excellent project management, planning, organizing and follow up skills.
- Ability to effectively manage change in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand priorities & challenges, act as a trusted advisor, solve problems and develop plans and roadmaps.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be values driven with a high degree of professionalism and personal accountability.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Biocom California is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse workforce, and maintaining a workplace that is equitable, inclusive, and safe for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.