Member Engagement & Program Manager
In this role, an individual must be highly motivated and proactive in developing and implementing key events, programs, and member engagement strategies that will bolster the impact of Biocom California in the Greater Los Angeles region. Experience in event planning, execution, and membership engagement will be key. This individual will work within the Los Angeles regional office and report directly to the Executive Director of the region.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Events & Programming (40%)
- Produce world class programs that drive value to the Greater Los Angeles regional members/industry, as well as attract new members and partners. Programs will engage members and event stakeholders with rich benefits and meaningful content; Promotion of programs will also relate to key industry needs and question and drive interest with prospects.
- Coordination of all activities will be with the Biocom Corporate events team.
- Build out region specific programming – targeted events/series for early-stage companies, industry leaders and key corporate stakeholders. Will collaborate with the corporate events team, sponsors, members, and subject matter experts.
- Coordinate the scheduling and coordination of programs & events ensuring a balanced and well-structured calendar of events
- Oversee the execution of Biocom LA’s presence at Greater Los Angeles community and regional programs ie. marketing, tabling, attendance etc.
- Support the corporate events team with event logistics as well event email and social media marketing. Develop targeted outreach for programs with overall attendance goals that includes a mix of members and prospects. Coordinate outreach with Los Angeles office and BD team.
- Day of event execution- collaboration with LA and corporate events team
- Develop post event communication plan that includes outreach to attendees, key members, and prospects.
- Track and optimize event ROI (member vs non-member engagement; audience growth; potential revenue streams and membership growth)
- Membership Engagement (40%)
- Develop long term relationships with members, partners and industry leaders to represent Biocom California, including the Biocom Purchasing Group, Workforce Development team, Regional Policy and Investor Relations. Be proactive in outreach, assuring members are engaged and utilizing key Biocom benefits.
- Coordination with Los Angeles Regional team, Business Development and Purchasing Group
- Create and execute targeted communication plans to keep members informed about upcoming events, benefits, and opportunities within the organization.
- Represent Biocom and Biocom Purchasing Group at networking events.
- Engage with all levels of member organizations including C-suite, Human Resources, Business Development, Government Relations, Facilities/EH&S, Procurement and Supply Chain, Scientists and others to expand key contacts and drive participation in all of Biocom initiatives.
- Develop and lead membership benefit reviews with a goal of assessing current utilization and uncovering additional needs, with a goal of expanding member utilization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and test new methods of outreach and engagement.
- Proactively identify and address member concerns or dissatisfaction to ensure high satisfaction and retention rates.
- Utilize data analytics and member feedback to measure engagement levels and track retention rates over time.
- Document all activities and interactions in SalesForce.
- Operations/Other (20%)
- Coordinate with LA Team and Biocom headquarters
- Establish clear and open lines of communication with headquarters/departments to ensure effective information exchange and coordination.
- Manage Los Angeles social media accounts in coordination with main office communication.
- Provide input on content to Main Office on LA Quarterly Newsletter to include highlighted LA region companies for Biocom CA member spotlights, podcasts, and other avenues for visibility.
- Share best practices and lessons learned promoting a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Participate in OLT meetings.
- Help drive LA participation on Biocom statewide committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with LA Team and Biocom headquarters
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five ( 5 ) or more years of project management experience is required.
- Minimum three ( 3 ) or more years in event and/or social media marketing management experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, resource-management, and problem-solving skills, able to prioritize and manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously on budget and to meet tight deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail in proofreading, list building, marketing and social media posts, and other items.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and to be a self-motivated, innovative and independent thinker to identify process improvements, proactively implement solutions, and generally participate in ideation in a dynamic environment.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (or similar CRM platform), Pardot, Canva, and common social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality;
- Passionate about Biocom California’s mission and vision
- Must be able to work in a hybrid environment, with generally 3 days per week in the LA office.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in the Los Angeles area is $80,000- $115,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education etc. Biocom California is a multi-state and multi-regional employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states and regions.
Biocom California is the leader and advocate for California’s life science sector. We work on behalf of more than 1,700 members to drive public policy, build an enviable network of industry leaders, create access to capital, introduce cutting-edge STEM education programs and create robust value-driven purchasing programs.
We know that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps achieve our mission of accelerating life science success. As an organization, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Biocom California will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.